The dress code at Heavey Quinn Academy of Irish Dance is strictly enforced.
- All dancers are required to wear black shorts, an HQA t-shirt, and poodle socks.
- All dancers are required to be in class uniform. There are no exceptions.
- New dancers must have class uniform within 2 weeks.
- Hair must be in a ponytail – no exceptions.
- Dancers are not allowed to wear baggy pants, t-shirts, camis, tank tops or sweatshirts.
- There are sample sizes at all of our studio locations. Please let the studio know if you need to try something on.
- You may order your HQA t-shirt here.
- Level I Beginners – Irish Dancing shoes (Ghillies) or black ballet slippers. Note: If purchasing ballet slippers, please make sure they are snug. Do not leave lots of room to grow as it is difficult for dancers to point their toe properly.
- Level II/III Advanced Beginner – Ghillies and hard shoes (with teacher’s permission)
- Novice / PW / Championships – Ghillies, hard shoes and dance sneakers
- HQA sells second-hand ghillies and hard shoes. If you have shoes to sell, please turn them in and make sure your name, address, and asking price is attached. Once shoes are sold, the payment will be sent to you.
- New shoes may be purchased through Mary Devlin at Devlin Dance Shoes.
- Poodle socks may be purchased at the studio.
If you have any questions about the uniform or shoes, please reach out to Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org.